Happy New Year’s! 2016 is gone, and 2017 is finally here!
Every year is the same thing. We make resolutions and then break them two weeks later. It’s just the way it is. But we shouldn’t let this discourage us. We obviously want to be better, that’s why we continue to make resolutions. Here’s a list of four resolutions that I think everyone can do:
- Create a Bucket List (if you don’t already have one) and cross something off! Nothing is more exciting than doing something you’ve been wanting to do for a long time. And don’t just settle for crossing one thing off. If you have the funds for it, cross something off every month, or every 3-4 months. The point is to get out there and do something new!
- Eat Healthy -DON’T make it about losing weight. Losing weight will come from eating healthy so it’s more of a reward. Instead focus on including healthier foods (or eliminating bad foods) from your daily meals. Also, don’t do it cold turkey (no pun intended, hehe), instead take slowly. Begin by introducing new foods or eliminating foods from your diet monthly.
- Do Something Nice for Someone Else. You can set the rules for this one. Pick someone or somewhere and do something nice for them. Common examples are paying for someone at a Starbucks line or visiting the elderly.
- Make Yourself Better. Create a good habit or break a bad one. Learn something new. Beat your “personal best” at something. Lose the weight. The point is to make yourself better than you were yesterday. Don’t ever settle!
Making resolutions is the easy part, keeping them, not so much. But I got some tips for that too!
- Do it with someone else! Things are always easier when you have someone to lean on. And you can hold each other accountable. Plus, a cheat meal always taste better when there’s someone to share it with.
- Make a plan with reachable goals. Making unattainable goals will only discourage you. Small victories are still victories.
- Track your progress. This helps in keeping yourself accountable.
- Reward yourself. This is my biggest motivator! Choose the reward and strive for it!
- Make it fun! It is so easy to get discouraged when you feel like you HAVE to do something you may not want to do. Take your own twist to your resolution. No one said you have to do it like everyone else.
- Most important, KEEP POSITIVE. There is a chance you will fail, but if you believe in yourself nothing can stop you!
I’m not gonna lie, 2016 was pretty good to me. So I’m excited to see what 2017 will bring! What are your New Year’s Resolutions? You looking forward to anything in 2017? Let me know!
On a side note: If you’re awesome already, then you just keep doing you boo!